CHANGHONG Laser Projector Limited Warranty
This is the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty (“Limited Warranty”) for CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s) sold in the United Kingdom. CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s) sourced outside of the United Kingdom are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Before operating your CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s), please read carefully the safety instructions in the CHANGHONG Product user manual. If CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s) are not operated in accordance with the Product user manual, it may result in damage to the CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s) which may invalidate this Limited Warranty and may also cause harm or injury.
Warranty and Warranty Period
This Limited Warranty does not affect your legal (statutory) rights under the applicable national laws relating to the sale of consumer products.
Sichuan CHANGHONG Electric Co., LTD Ltd. and affiliated companies (collectively referred as “CHANGHONG”) provides this Limited Warranty to you being the purchaser of an CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s) included in the sales package (“Product”).
CHANGHONG warrants to you that during the Warranty Period as defined below CHANGHONG or an CHANGHONG authorised service company will in a commercially reasonable time remedy defects in materials, design and workmanship during normal usage, free of charge by repairing or, should CHANGHONG in its discretion deem it necessary, replacing the Product in accordance with this Limited Warranty (unless otherwise required by law). This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you have purchased the Product provided that CHANGHONG has intended the Product for sale in that country and applies only to the Product distributed by CHANGHONG or its authorised dealers. The Product must be operated in accordance with the Product user manual. For non-standard installations please contact your local sales representative. Some limitations to the warranty service may apply because of country specific elements in the Product.
The warranty period starts at the time of the Product’s original purchase by the first end-user. Purchaser must retain the original purchase invoice or other certificate to prove the date of purchase. If purchaser fails to provide the invoice or there is no purchase date on the invoice, the warranty period shall be calculated according to CHANGHONG’s policy.
CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s) sold in Europe come with a twenty-four (24) months.
CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s) accessories including screen, mounts and others come with a fixed twelve (12) months warranty.
The Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to:
- Subsequent resale; or
- CHANGHONG authorised repair; or
- CHANGHONG authorised replacement of the Product
When the product(s) could not be repaired after three under-warranty repair attempts, CHANGHONG will accept the product(s) to be returned for a replacement/refund within the Warranty Period.
Product Warranty beyond the Warranty Period – Five (5) Years Right to Repair
After the Warranty Period expired, CHANGHONG offers a five (5) years Right to Repair guarantee which means CHANGHONG guarantees to keep spare parts for all products available for five (5) years after the original Warranty Period so the product(s) can be repaired with a charge in five (5) years after the Warranty Period expired.
If CHANGHONG could not repair the product(s) within the first five (5) years after the Warranty Period, the equivalent product(s) will be provided by CHANGHONG with a charge which is no more than sixty (60) percent of the original purchase price of the product(s).
Product failure within 30days
- Should your CHANGHONG Laser Projector(s) fail due to a manufacturing fault within 30 days from the date of purchase, please immediately return the unit to the point of purchase for replacement with a new unit.
- It is the consumer’s duty to return the unit in its original “new” condition, with no cosmetic marking or damage and with all packaging and all accessories included.
- Should you prefer a warranty repair, please follow the warranty procedure mentioned below.
How to get warranty service
Warranty service is subject to you notifying CHANGHONG by email: firstname.lastname@example.org of the alleged defect within one (1) month of it having come to your attention and in any event no later than before the expiry of the Warranty Period.
When making a claim under this Limited Warranty you will be required to provide:
- The Product (or the affected part) and
- The original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase, the product type and if utilised, a serial number.
If CHANGHONG deems warranty service is required, CHANGHONG will issue a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) number and send you a return instruction in email with the address of your local authorised CHANGHONG Service Centre.
You must ship the product(s) back to CHANGHONG in the original or equivalent packaging, prepay shipping charges and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
Under-warranty repairs are due to be completed within twenty-eight (28) working days from the date when the faulty product(s) was received at CHANGHONG authorised service centre.
When the repair could not be completed within twenty-eight (28) working days for any reason, a courtesy unit (with the similar specification) will be supplied to you by CHANGHONG. When a courtesy unit was supplied, the courtesy unit will be collected by CHANGHONG from you in prior to the delivery of the repaired Product(s).
CHANGHONG will ship the repaired Product(s) to you freight prepaid. CHANGHONG owns all parts removed from repaired Product. CHANGHONG uses new, refurbished or equivalent parts supplied by CHANGHONG in performing warranty repairs and assembling replacement products.
What is not covered?
- Any products that are not genuine CHANGHONG products.
- This Limited Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third-party software, settings, content, or data, whether included or downloaded in the Product, whether included during instalment, assembly, shipping or at any other time in the delivery chain or otherwise and in any way acquired by you. CHANGHONG does not warrant that any CHANGHONG software will meet your requirements, will work in combination with any hardware or software provided by a third party, that the operation of any software will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects in the software are correctable or will be corrected.
- This Limited Warranty does not cover a) normal wear and tear (including, without limitation, wear and tear of projection lenses, batteries or protective carry cases), b) defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by bending, striking, compressing or dropping, etc.), or c) defects or damage caused by misuse of the Product, including use that is contrary to the instructions provided by CHANGHONG (e.g. as set out in the Product’s user manual)..
- This Limited Warranty does not cover defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with, or connected to, any product, accessory or software not manufactured, or supplied by CHANGHONG or was used otherwise than for its intended use.
- This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product has been opened, altered, modified or repaired by anyone other than an authorised service centre, if it is repaired using unauthorised spare parts or if the Product’s serial number, the Product or accessory date code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way and this shall be determined at the sole discretion of CHANGHONG.
- This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
- For projection Products, this Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Products dead pixels are within specification: dead pixels are inherent to projectors and flat panel display technologies, all products with this defect conform to CHANGHONG specifications.
- This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product is operated in an excessively dirty or dusty environment or if it has not been regularly maintained to keep the air intakes free of obstruction
- This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if damage was caused by negligence or failing to carry out appropriate maintenance by the buyer, his customer, the end user or during transport, or in case of an act of God.
- Installing a non “CHANGHONG genuine lamp module” in an CHANGHONG projector Product may void your projector’s warranty. Repairs resulting from damage done by a copy lamp module will not be covered under your CHANGHONG warranty
- This Limited Warranty does not cover any items that are in one or more of the following categories: external devices (except as specifically noted); accessories or parts added to an CHANGHONG Product or system after it is shipped from CHANGHONG; accessories or parts that are not installed in the CHANGHONG factory or CHANGHONG Software or peripherals Products.
- This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if damage was caused by the power supply system to which the Product was connected
- This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the projection Product that has been ceiling mounted in an improper fashion (for instance, ceiling mount with incompatible screws).
Other important notices
CHANGHONG reserves the right to ask for the return of any Lamp claimed to be faulty.
This Limited Warranty applies exclusively to complete failure of the Lamp and is not applicable to normal wear and tear such as reduced brightness over time.
The user is advised that Lamps are classed as consumable items. CHANGHONG gives no guarantee that the expected life will always be achieved
CHANGHONG reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to determine the validity of any Limited Warranty claim. CHANGHONG’s decision will be final.
Please remember to make back-up copies or keep written records of all important content and data stored in your Product, because content and data may be lost during repair or replacement of the Product. CHANGHONG, in a manner consistent with the provisions of the section entitled “Limitation of CHANGHONG’s Liability” below, shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any damages or losses of any kind whatsoever resulting from loss of, damage to, or corruption of, content or data during repair or replacement of the Product.
All parts of the Projector or other equipment that CHANGHONG has replaced shall become the property of CHANGHONG. If the Projector is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, CHANGHONG and its authorised service companies reserve the right to charge a handling fee.
Statutory Rights – CHANGHONG makes no other Limited Warranty, guarantee or like statement other than as explicitly stated above and this Limited Warranty is given in place of all other warranties whatsoever, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In the absence of applicable legislation, this Limited Warranty will be the end user’s sole and exclusive remedy against CHANGHONG and CHANGHONG shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any other indirect or consequential loss arising from negligence, breach of contract, or howsoever.
This Limited Warranty does not impair or affect mandatory statutory rights of the end user against and/or any rights resulting from other contracts concluded by the end user with CHANGHONG and/or any other seller.
CHANGHONG is not responsible or liable for any technical, projector, software, server, website or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the participant from, or otherwise obstructs in, participating in the Limited Warranty
CHANGHONG shall at all times adhere to the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation when processing any personal data received pursuant to this Limited Warranty.
CHANGHONG reserves the right to audit all claims to ensure that these terms and conditions have been met and to request additional information or supporting documents regarding any claims.
Limitation of Liability – It is understood and agreed that CHANGHONG’s liability whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchase price paid by the purchaser and under no circumstances shall CHANGHONG be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or lost profits, lost revenues or lost savings. The price stated for the products is a consideration in limiting CHANGHONG’s liability.
Transfer of Warranty – Should a Product be sold on by the original owner, the balance of the standard warranty may be transferred to the new user provided that the original purchase documents are transferred to the new user also. This is necessary to show that the Product is within its Warranty Period.